Friday, October 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Joe

Earlier this year my sisters best friend of all time was in a tragic accident involving a Trax Train. Today is Joe's 20th birthday and I just wanted to wish him a very happy birthday.

My sisters and I have always wanted a brother, growing up with all girls was fun but we have all said we wished for a brother. To us Joe was that brother, he spent a lot of time at our house, especially since he didn't have a car and he lived only a few houses down from us, I often referred to him as my little brother. I know he was just like a brother to Kaitie, they were extremely close they were like twins. They even fought like a brother and sister would, but when it came right down to it they always had each others backs.



Joe was a friendly giant, he was tall and very well built, which he was very proud of! He played basketball for West Jordan High and excelled at it. Joe was loved by everyone and had more friends than anyone I know. Joe was very adventurous, I remember one night he came over to our house and he was limping he then told the story of how he was snowboarding and he wanted to do one more run before the bus came, well the bus came and he was on the lift, his sister called him to let him know he was going to miss the bus, he then decided to jump off the lift to try and make the bus! He didn't make it!

I have so many great memories of Joe that make me laugh whenever I think of them. I can't even tell you how many times he would come over and drink from any glass on the counter, which usually was always my dad's, he always keeps a big glass of water on the bar. Later he would come up and yell "alright who drank all my water" and we would just laugh because it was always Joe!

Joe was very ticklish so we loved to try and tickle him. One time he was standing in the kitchen at the end of the bar and I snuck up behind him and started tickling his sides, i've never seen anyone so big fall so hard, he went straight down to the tile with a loud thud!

I would often receive random text messages from Joe sometimes in the middle of the night and they were usually always filled with big words, he loved big words and used them in everyday conversation. He would sometimes text me and ask how to spell some really long word that I usually had never heard of. He loved texting and texted all the time. Once he texted Kaitie 19 messages in a row to tell her about his dream he had.



Joe, we miss you and love you so very much. You are in our hearts everyday and we are grateful for the precious time we had with you. You have definitely left your giant handprint on all of our hearts. Because we knew you we have been changed for good!

One last thing Joe...you're so voluptuous!! (one of his favorite words and he used it incorrectly all the time and he said he knew that and didn't care because he loved the word!)

3 comments:

Ashly in CO said...

What a great tribute Meg. It made me miss him and I've never even met him.

Lisa Montgomery said...

Thank you for that beautiful post. It really touched my heart and made my day.

snigaduuu said...

Meg you just made me cry at work! This is the sweetest post. I cant imagine a better brother for you and your cute sisters.